An Uncanny blog from a Baleful child

Shit Happens. Life sucks, and then, you die.






God sure has a very twisted sense of humor.

This is the tale of a Girl who has lots o'time to spare

Come take a glimpse of the world I live in... Where neighbors seldom love you, where people have more hair on their armpits than their heads, Where grammatical errors are are a way of life, and everyone is 26.
And that's just their IQ, nevermind their age!

Friday, March 12, 2010

Of Kings, Jesters, and the Pursuit of the Limerick

See, I've never been very good at making rhymes, and this is probably my first time making a string of limericks. Or even one, for that matter. So, feel free to correct any lines that seem dysfunctional. And please, be gentle. I have a heart,, you know.
Here it is:
Says the Jester to the Prince, "Sir, you.
have married not one, but two.
It must be hard to decide
of whom to sleep beside.
In such a case, whatever do you do?"

The Prince says sheepishly, "'Tis true,
I am the husband of not one, but two.
And, since I cannot decide
of whom to sleep beside
I don't sleep with either of the two."

The Jester turns to ask His Imperial Majesty,
who has wed not a wife, not two, but three;
"So, how do you decide
of whom to sleep beside?
Or do you, too, sleep with neither of the three?"

Puffing up his chest, quoth he,
"I am the husband of not two, but three.
Since I, too, can't decide
of whom to sleep beside
I sleep with them all, you see!"

P.S. I thought of this over a cup of espresso, so if it's bad, I blame the coffee.
And, if it is good -- it's all me.

7 Had Something to Say:

Tanay said...

brilliant!! hilarious!! loved it!!

Tanay said...

This is a wonderful blog , i must say.... i like the element of subtle humour spread all over it!! keep it up.

Sneha said...

Amazing !! lol i loved it!!!
m really gonna stalk u now!! :)

Diwakar Sinha said...

quite nice...limericks..hmm..I did try my hand at it once...but i'm nt a fan of rules...reading them is more like it.

Sangewya said...

@Tanay, thanks for all the flattery. Your blog is wonderful too!
@Sneha, hahaha! Just as i am stalking you!
@Diwakar, sometimes, if you really get inspired, rules don't matter. it's just the essence of idocy[in my case] that makes the rules seem excusable.

PRAVIN NAIR said...

Hi there,

The espresso must be fcking bad :)

but real nice blog lady...love the way u write :)

Keep 'it' up!

www.soulatma.blogspot.com

Sangewya said...

Thanks pravin!